2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous 12)
Topic starter  

I really I want one that,

1. Is good on warming up
  2. Handles bounces well
  3. Can throttle by ISP

Or whatever else is required to increase inbox delivery. I know you have to warm up slowly, but do you recommend also hosting the install (Sendy, MailWizz or Mautic) on Amazon (in addition to using their SMTP)?

How well (or badly) does Amazon SMTP reach the inbox? and if it is not good, is there a better option you recommend?

Tharindu
(@tharindu)
Reputable Member Admin

Amazon SES has the best inbox deliverability. But since you’re sending cold campaigns, you need to stay away from Amazon SES.

MailWizz is the superior app for cold mailing. Other 2 lacks the automation that required. 

The ISP throttling is too advanced for any of these apps. You need PowerMTA for that. We can provide it. You can do throttling, IP rotation and much more with it. But it’ll need a lot of knowledge and practice to reach the level of deliverability that premium sending services offer. But you’ll get decent deliverability. This is what most people use for cold mailing.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 12)
Topic starter  

Thank you - are you also able to provide maintenance - once we set this up, we want someone who can check in regularly and make sure everything is working properly, etc.

We had previously done an installation on MailWizz and PowerMTA but the person who set it up was never reachable and we never quite understood how to use it. If it is still live, can you also look at that, tune it, make sure all is working properly and help keep that running too?

FINALLY, we do want to do a fresh MailWizz and PowerMTA with you, but (1) where should that be hosted (Amazon or elsewhere) and (2) who should we use for the SMTP the provide the best deliverability

Thank you, and looking forward to working with you.

ReplyQuote
Tharindu
(@tharindu)
Reputable Member Admin

Okay. Amazon isn't a good place for cold mailing. You can use some other provider. I'll help with selecting one when we get to that.

I can check on the previous install. I'm available to provide on going support with your servers. This doesn't include support for your email reputation though. I can provide support with that too. But it's going to be expensive.

Best deliverability comes from premium sending services. Amazon SES, MailGun and ElasticEmail are few of them. There are many around. But they generally hate cold mailing.

This is where PowerMTA comes in. It gives the freedom to send whatever you want to whoever you want. But deliverability will be low. It can even stop working after some time depending on your sending practices.

These are the choices you have to make. But since you already have a MailWizz + PowerMTA setup, I assume you're somewhat familiar with it.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 12)
Topic starter  

Looks like I have active accounts with Hostwinds and OVH, the domains used on multiple IP's may be expired, and it may need to be reconfigured. Could you (1) check / reconfigure, (2) check IP's to see if good or if we should drop them, and (3) can you update the software (mailwizz / Power MTA) if needed

What kind of deliverability would you expect?

Are we better off with Mailgun / SMTP.com / ElasticEmail / etc.?

Our email is b2b, so yes cold but not "spammy" - would SES work (or should we try to use)?

ReplyQuote
Tharindu
(@tharindu)
Reputable Member Admin

You can definitely use HostWinds and OVH. In fact OVH is probably the most tolerant provider in terms of cold mailing. I can do checks and reconfigurations. I can built the whole system from scratch if needed.

For a cold list, open rate would be between 5% to 10%. But the content you send plays a big part in this. ISPs scan email content to determine if they are spam. But generally, an open rate above 2% is considered good.

Mailgun, SMTP.com and ElasticEmail are premium providers. They are more tolerant than Amazon SES, but this reflect on their deliverability. MailGun has the best deliverability among those three providers. And this is not a question I can answer. You have to test both PowerMTA and premium sending services and then find what works best for you. Cold mailing is an endless struggle. But it is still one of the best ways of marketing.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Back to top button