Notifications
Clear all

What is the best way to host and deliver large files?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous 12)
Topic starter  

I’m a freelancer and my work involve delivering large project files to clients after job completion. I have a hosting account, but can’t use it to deliver file all the time because sometimes there are zip files larger than 2-3 Gb. I’m currently using a VPS for big files. Just wandering if there is a better way to server my project files.

Thanks

Tharindu
(@tharindu)
Reputable Member Admin

How much do you spend on VPS?

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 12)
Topic starter  

I use $49.99 VPS from Beyondhosting

ReplyQuote
Tharindu
(@tharindu)
Reputable Member Admin

In my opinion the best way to server large files is to use a CDN service. It's simple enough and cheap. I use KeyCDN to server static content and it only charge around $1 for 30GB. You only pay for what you use.

In the other hand, a CDN is easy to manage. If you're familiar with shared hosting and you can use a FTP client like FileZilla, you're good to go. You don't have to worry about maintaining a server. Speed will be same as VPS or even better.

CDN services now offer so many extras, one being free SSL. You'll get to server your files over a secure SSL connection for free on a CDN service. I think there is no other option than to use a CDN to deliver large files.

If you would like to know more about CDN services read this post where I discuss importance of using a CDN to host static content. And here's a tutorial to host static content on KeyCDN with SSL.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Back to top button