What is the best way to host and deliver large files?  

RSS

(@perry)
03/11/2016 5:26 pm  

I’m a freelancer and my work involve delivering large project files to clients after job completion. I have a hosting account, but can’t use it to deliver file all the time because sometimes there are zip files larger than 2-3 Gb. I’m currently using a VPS for big files. Just wandering if there is a better way to server my project files.

Thanks

Tharindu
(@tharindu)
Admin

ReplyQuote
(@perry)
03/11/2016 5:29 pm  

I use $49.99 VPS from Beyondhosting

ReplyQuote
Tharindu
(@tharindu)
Admin
03/11/2016 5:31 pm  

In my opinion the best way to server large files is to use a CDN service. It's simple enough and cheap. I use KeyCDN to server static content and it only charge around $1 for 30GB. You only pay for what you use.

In the other hand, a CDN is easy to manage. If you're familiar with shared hosting and you can use a FTP client like FileZilla, you're good to go. You don't have to worry about maintaining a server. Speed will be same as VPS or even better.

CDN services now offer so many extras, one being free SSL. You'll get to server your files over a secure SSL connection for free on a CDN service. I think there is no other option than to use a CDN to deliver large files.

If you would like to know more about CDN services read this post where I discuss importance of using a CDN to host static content. And here's a tutorial to host static content on KeyCDN with SSL.

Become a vpsfix.com affiliate and earn up to 10% commissions from your referrals

ReplyQuote
Share:
Back to top button

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.

Close

Please Login or Register