[Solved] Sentrifugo 500 HTTP Error when trying to save site configuration  

RSS

Tharindu
(@tharindu)
Admin
29/07/2018 10:49 am  

I was hired to install Sentrifugo on a cPanel server where I ran into 500 HTTP error when trying to save site configuration. Other components of the Sentrifugo was working fine but I wasn't able to go pass Configuration Wizard due to this error.

I checked apache error logs, but couldn't find anything related in there. Turns out Sentrifugo runs with APPLICATION_ENV=production. So I enabled development mode by adding following code to .htaccess file,

SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV development

Then tried to save site configuration again and saw the real reason why I couldn't save configuration.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function iconv_strlen() in /home/username/public_html/Zend/Validate/StringLength.php on line 236

I checked phpinfo and found that php was compiled with --with-iconv but module was missing on the server. iconv adds it's own section to phpinfo if it's enabled. So I installed php-iconv with following command.

yum install ea-php56-php-iconv

Client's server was running php 5.6. You must change the php version (e.g. php70, php71) in above command if your PHP versions is different.

This topic was modified 11 months ago 6 times by Tharindu

Become a vpsfix.com affiliate and earn up to 10% commissions from your referrals

Share:
Back to top button
Close

Working

Please Login or Register